ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By bearded yankee
#350996 I'm going to be picking up a 92 hatch in the next couple days it has a b18a1 swap but it also has a couple of issues which I would like a little input on its a VX model Civic but it has an Si cluster installed the current owner says the cluster hasnt worked since he put it in I'm not sure if the Si cluster will mount right up inside of the vx model or not also turn signals don't work in the reverse lights don't work I know to check fuses but if it's not fuses what are some other things I should check because the current owner tried to tell me his buddy had the same problem and it was just a pinched wire I've been working on cars and trucks for over 12 years and everyone I've ever seen those three issues are three separate circuits so I don't know how one wire could fix that I'm thinking the reverse light doesn't work because when they installed the swap maybe they didn't hook up the little switch or it got damaged my main concern is the cluster any tips or advice on what to look at or what to check or wiring diagrams so I know which pins to check for power would be greatly appreciated thanks
By Leppy
#350997 I can only give you general tips for now until you get the hatch and look at it, but I know the turn signal lights will not work if the hazard button isn't connected, so check that.

Also, the reverse lights work on a switch on the transmission. I've had mine go out before and had to replace it, so check that it's not damaged or corroded like mine was.

Any cluster from the EG models will fit directly without issues, so either the cluster itself is bad, or there's something weird going on. I'd recommend getting a spare cluster from a junkyard and test that.