ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By mhunter90
#350604 my speedometer stopped working and I got a cel with a code for vss. I replaced the vss and the speedometer did not start working again but the trip meter works now and the cel has not come back
By mhunter90
#350610 anybody has any input?
By mhunter90
egsedanguy wrote:Fuse, Corrosion on the connector. :?
..which fuse would it be?? Also if this has anything to with anything. .i took apart the old vss and on the inside it actually melted and smelled burnt like it shorted out or something
By Driv-it-hard
#350662 I had a similar problem on the Temp gauge.
The temp solder points on the G cluster had some oxidation and rust build up. It was shorting out between two points. Double check all contact on the cluster.
By mhunter90
teal_dx wrote:I'd start by checking the wiring but I'm worried that the short could have cooked the speedo. They're pretty delicate to begin with.
..crap.
By Driv-it-hard
#350668 Check your junk yard. They usually would have those around in all civics. Everyone usually picks up the tach and fuel and temp gauges.

I do. LOL.. I have three in a box , just in case.
By mhunter90
#350683 So yesterday it started this thing where it will move up a little when the car is running and then dropbdown below 0 when the car is turned off
By TrailerTrash
#350689 speedo is probably shot.

do you know anybody with a 92-95 civic? its about a 10 minute job to swap in a working cluster to test the theory
By suspendedHatch
#350801 How can it drop below zero? There's a pin at zero. Lift the needle up and put it on the right side of the pin.
By HeikDiesel
suspendedHatch wrote:How can it drop below zero? There's a pin at zero. Lift the needle up and put it on the right side of the pin.

I've had clusters spin around and pin on the bottom side of the stop and sit there regardless.