ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By mhunter90
#350601 Ive gone through and changed thermo switch , thermostat'. Checked the relay, bled the cooling system. And tested to make sure the fan motor still works. And the fan will still not come on by itself... the only thing I can think is that there is something wrong with the wires to the relay. So I was trying to figure out a simplified way to run new wires to everything and by pass the existing wires. Is there a way someone can simplify doing this for me and is it a bad idea?
By teal_dx
#350613 So you can get the fan to come on by running 12v straight from the battery and it has never worked on its own since you have owned the car? Is the car all stock?
By mhunter90
teal_dx wrote:So you can get the fan to come on by running 12v straight from the battery and it has never worked on its own since you have owned the car? Is the car all stock?
.. that is correct. And all stock automatic sedan except someone put a crappy intake on it and removed the a/c compressor
By Driv-it-hard
#350624 M, have you checked the fuse and the relay on the fise box under the hood.
Double check that. Also, have you jumped the coolant temp sensor to c if the fan turns on ? If the fan turn's on, then it would be that sensor. If the fan does not turn on , check also the ground feed that is near the passenger side headlight.
Double check that as well.

Let us know.
By mhunter90
Driv-it-hard wrote:M, have you checked the fuse and the relay on the fise box under the hood.
Double check that. Also, have you jumped the coolant temp sensor to c if the fan turns on ? If the fan turn's on, then it would be that sensor. If the fan does not turn on , check also the ground feed that is near the passenger side headlight.
Double check that as well.

Let us know.
...yes I have already checked all of this..I just put a brand new sensor in ..the fan only still works when I jump it.
By mhunter90
#350645 New sensor on thermostat and new sending unit/sensor under the dizzy
By mhunter90
elrompetoto wrote:U said they removed the ac did they also take off the 2 relays that sit next 2 the condenser
I was unaware of these relays I dont know. Where exactly are they
By mhunter90
#350653 Thanks for anyone trying to help too btw I really appreciate it
By mhunter90
elrompetoto wrote:Ill take pisc of mine 2 morrow so u can c if u have them
thatd be good thankyou
By elrompetoto
#350659 I just lookd up the 2 relays but it says one if for ac com and one is for the condenser fan

Ill get u a pic of thw wire diagram for the fan give me ur year make and modle and what country it was built
By mhunter90
elrompetoto wrote:I just lookd up the 2 relays but it says one if for ac com and one is for the condenser fan

Ill get u a pic of thw wire diagram for the fan give me ur year make and modle and what country it was built
.. that fan does work when I click the climate control switch on..its a 95 lx sedan should be a us model