ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Kyle_Eh3
#350084 So I set up my fog lights a couple days ago and they work but every time I hit my front bumper with them on, my fuse blows. The fogs came with a 30a fuse and I tried it with a 40a and the fuse still blew. I have no idea why it does this can it be the foglight wiring? Everything is grounded correctly. It's just if I kick it or close my hood with them on the fuse will blow.
By Leppy
Kyle_Eh3 wrote:So I set up my fog lights a couple days ago and they work but every time I hit my front bumper with them on, my fuse blows. The fogs came with a 30a fuse and I tried it with a 40a and the fuse still blew. I have no idea why it does this can it be the foglight wiring? Everything is grounded correctly. It's just if I kick it or close my hood with them on the fuse will blow.

Retrace your wiring. Triple check your ground, and make sure the wires aren't being pinched. I had a problem when I first installed mine where it was grounding out on the horn. Sounds to me like you have unwanted contact somewhere.
By teal_dx
#350089 Yep and never put in a bigger fuse than recommended. Then instead of frying a fuse, you can possibly fry your wiring, which is a lot more work to replace.
By HeikDiesel
#350091 Oem's or Depo's?
By Kyle_Eh3
#350183 When any force hits my front bumper it pushes it back and hits my fog light brackets or something and just blows. I don't know how to solve this problem.
By brandoff88
#350191 Im willing to bet the bumper is moving something and grounding the wires out, pics of set up and wiring would really help, if you can get some up of your setup id bet we can figure it out :thumb:
By Driv-it-hard
Kyle_Eh3 wrote:When any force hits my front bumper it pushes it back and hits my fog light brackets or something and just blows. I don't know how to solve this problem.

The problem has to by the fog lights. How are your connections at you lights ? Do you have bare wire showing ? Do you have any connectors un-protected or un-sheilded?
It would be best as BRANDO said, A pictures say's a thousands words. Please post some pic's.
By Kyle_Eh3
#350195 I will post them soon. Thanks guys.
By express21
#351111 having the same issue, what if the fog housing is touching the chassis?
will it causean issue?
because the moment i place my bumper on the car it blows the fuse :thumbdown:
By Driv-it-hard
express21 wrote:having the same issue, what if the fog housing is touching the chassis?
will it causean issue?
because the moment i place my bumper on the car it blows the fuse :thumbdown:

It has to be problem with your form of power source and the type of connection you have made. Pictures say a thousand words..
Post some
By gtstripes
#351114 it would most probably within the fog light unit itself, i had the same problem until i ducttaped the wires (had some bare wires showing) and solved it with no dramas yet so far :)
By suspendedHatch
#351253 Don't use duct tape to insulate wires. Duct tape conducts electricity. Electric tape is cheap and easy to come by.