ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By ODST_EG
#347596 Ok so I get this car and the right head light keeps burning out then I come to find out the bulb sockets are roasted so I buy high temp replacement sockets to fix that. well it did and didnt. It did by the fact that nothing is burned up in the headlight housing anymore. It didnt by the fact that when I intalled some new HID headlights the switch has to be flicked a couple times to get them to start. So i went back to regular bulbs and no problem.

heres where Im like fed up and I know theres a short somewhere! I just bought some fog lights from K2 Motors on ebay, I installed them being careful where I ran the wires and so on. I was coming home last night from work and I smelt like burning metal and i noticed my fog lights were off. so i get home pop the hood and check my wiring and from the relay to the bypass fuse that came with the kit, the wires were melted all the way down and the bulbs on my fogs and my parking lights were blown and the fuse was melted completely. No splicing what so ever was done when I installed the fogs so it didnt make sense.

So i go under the dash and everything looks good EXCEPT that there is an alarm system wired into the car very poorly, you guys think this is the source of my electrical shortages in my car? or could it be something else?