ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By turbopseidon
#347298 I have a 92 lx 4dr I have been working on, I put a new timing belt and water pump in and all was good started right up. I left it for the night and tried it again the next day and no start.. It had no spark..I had a Spair dizzy so I put it in. It started up. I've been running it up for the past 2 weeks with no problems ( not driving it, was on jack stands) today I put it on the ground and went to move it , it sputtered when I put it into gear then died right after. I checked spark and no spark again, tried the dizzy is my buddies car and it didn't start...bad dizzy again...is it coincidence that they keep dying or could it be something making it die? I am unsure as to what part has failed in both dizzys. Any ideas?
By turbopseidon
#347345 There was an alarm in it that I took out ..on the distributor there is a light blue wire on one plug and a dark blue wire on the 2 wire plug that they tapped into for the alarm so I respliced the wire . It was left out to the elements and almost looked rotten and very hard to solder to.
By turbopseidon
#347422 It was the coil.. But is it possible that something is making the coils fail?