ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By PirateEG
#346187 So I cannot seem to find this issue or a fix that might work for me.

My dash lights light up when the switch is set to running lights, but the lights turn off when I put the headlights on. So when I need them, I do not have them.

I have checked the fuse, which is okay.
The wiring looks good, but did not check continuity.

I am going to clean the combination switch following the DIY, because everything else works, headlights come on, tail lights work, but the instrument lights turn on for the first click and off with the second/headlights.
By PirateEG
#346189 no luck cleaning the switch... was pretty bad though.
By Driv-it-hard
#346202 I would replace the dimmer switch from the junkyard. I have had that problem on another car.
Worth the try. Have use also checked the twist switch on the steering column? You can pick one up at the junk yard cheap as well.
By PirateEG
#346223 alright, I might also try adding some solder on the connection points in the switch to make the contacts closer together.

It is just weird to have them work on the first click and not on the second.

thanks for the input.
By PirateEG
#347992 Just ended up getting a new switch from the junk yard... Works now... and the switch is in better condition. Got the part out of a 98 integra (4 door).
By Driv-it-hard
#348013 Sounds Good . Those switches always go bad. I always pick up one or two at the junk yard evertime I go, Just incase . for spares.

Congrats on the fix !!!!