ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By theforce
#341049 Hey fellas,

Dumb question but if I can lock and unlock drivers and passengers door from the drivers side with the key while not having any actuators inside the doors, does this mean the door locks are electric (or power lock whatever they call it)?

Car is a DC4 Integra. Reason for asking is because I want to get a remote central locking kit which is just the control box (with wires) and remote.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Car-Remote-Controller-Central-Door-Lock-Locking-Keyless-Entry-System-/300770893955?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460757a083&vxp=mtr

So I just have to find the wires for door locks and connect them to the kit and it should work?[/url]
By bietelboer
#341052 It means that you only have an electric motor on the passengers side.

You need to install a motor in the drivers door, and connect it to your wireless system.

what i did was connect the motor to the rod that is connected to the keyhole.
then the original system thinks your using your key end sends the signal to the passengers side.
By theforce
#341106 Ah huh...that makes sense since I can't open both doors from the passengers side. So one actuator on the drivers side should do the trick...dang I was hoping to avoid wiring the actuators altogether...just the thought of wiring it through the door and into the cabin makes me lazy, lol, done too many in the past and over it :D ah well if it has to be done then gotta do it to save my keyhole :)

Thanks fellas :thumb: