ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By egsedanguy
#340039 Ok guys need some advice. I just finished converting my auto ecu to work with 5 speed. 92 civic dx with d16z6 from 92 ex. Well the check engine light turned off :thumb: :woot: . So I started the car and a few moments later the light came on :x .So I tested for the code.cel 41.Primary o2 heater sensor. :x so I checked fuses just cause its the simplest to just check since a surge may have happned during swap and ecu fix. all good. went to the sensor and found wires a lil bit open.like smashed almost.(The wires that were damaged was on the sensor side not engine side) so i fixed the wires and reset the ecu. checked for cel before starting, no codes. started car and cel came back. :eh: so i un pluged the o2 just to see if it changed anything. nope same.it seems that the computer is not reading the o2. it this just a bad o2? Im gonna swap in another but not sure if its a good one. I need a meter to check the power to see if it could be in the harness. So is ther any other tests I can run to narrow it down or am I doing everything? haha I hate check engine lighs. and I need smog soon. :thumbdown:
By egsedanguy
#340262 Ok so I put the o2 sensor from the old engine in. And What I found is that with the sensor from the d15 that i pulled out that was smoking and had weird hesitation. well when i put it on the new engine im getting that damn hesitation. I have no cell when sensor is pluged in. just when it warms up i get this boggin lack of power in the engine. If i unplug the sensor it runs fine but has check engine light. So I now know its the sensor causing issues. I just think it works enough for the computer to read but is not reading correctly. Thats the only thing i used from the other engine and its causing the same shit. :x