ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Wob Civ
#339931 I have a 95 Lsi auto. And I'm having trouble getting it through a MOT because of a electrical issue. The hazards blinker only works on the passenger side (uk) Everything else on the car is tip top, just this one problem. I have changed the hazard relay, and the switch button, I have checked fuse 15 and that's ok, I have checked the hazard fuse (10A) under the bonnet. The only things I can think of is ICU but I'm unsure it has anything to to with the hazard blinkers. The next on my list is the indicator stalk itself, but the indicators work fine. I'm at a complete lose, from my experience the wiring looks in good condition and not hacked.

Completely stumped!?!?!

Any advice peeps??

Wob
By Wob Civ
#339957 Any ideas anyone?
By Leppy
#339977 Wow that is puzzling.

Have you hand-traced the wires from the switch back to make sure there isn't one broken? Or even checked the pin-out on the switch connector to make sure they haven't been pulled out?
By Wob Civ
#339981 Hi Leppy, I've felt back as far as my hand can reach through the small hole. I have also had a look through the wing at the wires behind there. I'll try separating the cables a bit more and having a better look.

Hi teal_dx, yes the turn signal functions, but the right turn signal onbaffling trument panel has stopped blinking.

I'm thinking about trying to bypass the right side and link it up to the left at the hazard switch, I'm running out of ideas and time!!

It was reported as a MOT failure before I bought the car, I checked it over and found not fault. It was MOT'd and failed on the rear seals (no surprise!) I got the seals done and took it back (sadly after ten days, so no free retest) and the hazard lights had stopped working.

Truly baffling me, it can only be a small number of things!?
By Leppy
#339982 wait, does the hazard switch route through the instrument cluster to trigger the dash lights? Try pulling your instrument cluster and seeing if everything is plugged in properly
By Wob Civ
#339997 Leppy, I'm not 100% sure where the cables route, but I shall now by checking behind the instrument panel.

Teal_dx, The car is 100% original and has never been modified in anyway.

Does the ICU do anything to the lights or is it just wiper function?

Also there is a small box under the bonnet (drivers side wing) that states it get hot whilst a light is on, is that linked? Could the indicator stalk be related to the problem?
By Wob Civ
#340055 Still non the wiser, ICU changed, indicator stalk and a transformer. I'm planning to have a proper look at the wiring tomorrow bit if anyone else has any ideas?