ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By wolvie995
#339852 Hey forum, here's my situation. Im doing a d16y1 (d16z6) into my eg3. I got the engine from a donor VTI sedan that i picked up pretty cheap. Now. i figure the easiest way to do this conversion is to take the WHOLE harness from the VTI and put it in my eg3 (engine,dash,interior and taillight looms). Making my eg3 think its a fuel injected sedan. Having searched and not found much helpful on this i was wondering if anyone can forsee any major problems with this plan? I have been told that the VTI having power windows and mirrors i may need to use dummy plugs?
Any information would be much appreciated, thanks.
By nicksdelslow
#339875 I have done this a few times. It's not to hard just a little slow. I was changing dash and all when I did the last one. U have to remove all heater core and blower motor and the switching unit for the vents. I would suggest taking the gas pedal loose or disconnect the steering knuckle because there is a plastic guide that's a PITA to wiggle out otherwise. U will also have to either pull the insulation/sound deadening material or cut it back to free the wiring. Everything is pretty much plug and play. Just take ur time and double check everything.

Otherwise u should be able to swap out all parts needed make it work from one car to the other.
By ihavesol93
#339891 you don't need dummy plugs. you can leave them zip tied out of the way. honestly if they are both obd1, you should be able to just change harness in the bay.
By wolvie995
#339899 Hey, thanks for the reassurance guys. I finished putting the sedan loom into my hatch today. just have to wire in wing light and window demisters and shes ready for the engine. My hatch was a carb model so it was an OBD0 but now its a full OBD1 harness front to back.
By brandoff88
#340260 swap over electrical, fuel lines, tank, ecu if possible, possibly under hood fusebox and any other odds and ends you can, from what has been posted it seems the fuel lines and fuel pump I believe cannot produce enough pressure for the injectors, I may have forgot something but that should cover it, gl with build :thumb:
By chrono404
#340310 As in the US all civics sold here where fuel injected, I am not sure if your car came with multi port fuel injection.

If you have a D15b7 or d15b8 all you need to do is wire in vtec. you can do the same thing with swapping over the bay harness and then run that into the ecu.

If your not fuel injected it would make since to swap over the whole harness. nothing that i can think of that would stop that from working as your moving a harness that was made to work in these cars from the get go.