ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By thenewvessel
#338875 I have a 92 DX Hatchback with an F20B swap..

At first start-up the car runs fine and sometimes, not often, itll bog and die after it shuts off that initial time when I go to turn it back on. I have to wait a moment for it to start it for it to stay running, sometimes it turns back on faster if i play with the fuse box under the dash (I dont actually know if this helps or not...)

Then the turn signals stopped working.

After pulling the dash out to do an Integra dash swap, none of the lights would work on my combo switch BUT the tail lights would stay on, no other lights would work other than the highbeams when I pull the lever in.

On the wiper combo switch, the wipers are always on low. Turning the combo switch does nothing but pulling it works (with the water jets).

Now I go to start it but it doesnt crank at all. I hear the fuel pump buzzing but nothing happens when I turn the key... I've checked all the fuses and engine bay grounds and they're all good.

Would replacing the whole dash wiring harness solve my problem??? :x
By TrailerTrash
#338880 i hate electrical problems. and i am no expert but to me it sounds like there were wiring problems beforehand possibly from a hackjob harness for the F series(if you did the swap i mean no offense)

I have no idea what all is involved with an integra dash swap but it sounds like a bunch of grounds got messed up/unhooked/not hooked back up.

replacing the dash harness will only help if the one you have now is the problem. if nobody has dicked around with it and if its not all cut up then it should be just fine and not the source of your problems
By teal_dx
#338897 With all of that going on, I'd start shopping for another harness. Who knows how much worse it's gong to get overtime. Electrical hack jobs are the worst.
By thenewvessel
thenewvessel wrote:Now I go to start it but it doesnt crank at all. I hear the fuel pump buzzing but nothing happens when I turn the key... I've checked all the fuses and engine bay grounds and they're all good.

:x

Just a quick update guys, the issue for the non-crank was actually the starter of all things.. Totally overlooked it due to all the electrical issues.

Hopefully the dash harness will solve the rest of my problems.