ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Binks
#338583 finished up my full tuck on this car like nearly a year ago now, after tuck was done, turn signals and hazards worked fine.
now after driving around(car sat for a year lol) turn signals worked for the first 15 minutes of my drive, fuse blew.
replaced fuse, all worked except drivers front when i hit the hazard switch. turn signal arm wont work at all. fuse blew.
replaced fuse, rear drivers works, front does not. passenger does not work at all. fuse blew again.

basically i know i did something wrong with my tuck, prolly mixed up a wire or two.

is there anyway i can repair this by installing my own switch/s for my turn signals withouth having to tear back into my harness? im thinking of wiring them into my trunk deck center lights and run them from my fog lights up front instead of the corner lights and wire them to be on all time for running lights.

good idea? bad idea? how would i go about doing this?

i really dont want to tear apart my harness looms and trace back through 29034729390273 wires.
By Binks
#338584 please move to Chassis - Electrical section. did not see it there at first.
By teal_dx
#338588 I'n gonna guess that it won't work because you'll be changing the amount of bulbs that are on one wire. That can change the amps/resistance that wire sees, causing more problems. I'm not an expert at this stuff and I probably used the wrong terminology, but you'll be putting too much of a load on those rear wires by running them all the way up to the front with additional bulbs.
Someone who knows for sure chime in :thumb:
By Binks
#338615 thanks dude i figured itd be a bad idea. just an idea though.

but its a weird problem, when the car is off, turn signals work fine right now. when its on, the rear drivers side works, the front passenger seems to be stuck on. my right turn indicator in my cluster is also stuck lit up. and passenger side does not work at all seeing as the front is stuck lit up.

im so confused and i feel like ill be tearing back into the harnesses.
By Apexracing
Binks wrote:thanks dude i figured itd be a bad idea. just an idea though.

but its a weird problem, when the car is off, turn signals work fine right now. when its on, the rear drivers side works, the front passenger seems to be stuck on. my right turn indicator in my cluster is also stuck lit up. and passenger side does not work at all seeing as the front is stuck lit up.

im so confused and i feel like ill be tearing back into the harnesses.

Sounds like a shorted wire.
By Binks
Apexracing wrote:Sounds like a shorted wire.

my worst fear. looks like im pulling my fenders today to get access to all this shit. :x

another random one, ive never wired in a switch to override my fan relay, she isnt kicking on(thats what happens when you buy used parts for dirt cheap), can anyone walk me through steps on how do to this??
By Binks
#338715 ok new discovery. they work fine when my headlights are off. only when theyre on is when my turn signals act up.
any ideas?