ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Axix23
#337714 My battery dash light doesnt come on when the key is turned at times. Any ideas? I changed out to a new dash bulb, checked all grounds/fuses, oriely' tested the alternator, new battery, harness is all good, alternator ground was loose but i tightened it. I even tried pulling the neg battery cable off while the car is running to test the alternator. Any ideas?
By TrailerTrash
#337717 try a different cluster
By Axix23
TrailerTrash wrote:try a different cluster

You got 1 forsale? If the cluster light is malfunctioning, does that mean my battery is not getting charged by the alternator?
By Axix23
#337774 bump, issue happened again today. I noticed when the light doesn't come on when the keyis turned, the battery gets discharged after driving..

Any ideas? Alternator tested good..
By TrailerTrash
#337785 check the cable on the alternator. i had a very similair problem not long ago. basically my battery wouldnt stay charged and i discovered the cable coming from the alternator rusted/corroded away and the alternator cooked itself.

if it seems ok have it tested at more than one place
By Axix23
#337786 Yeah, that was loose and i tightened it. Light still doesnt come on at tines when key is turned... My question is, even with the light off, will the alternator charge the battery?
By suspendedHatch
#337805 Test the battery with a voltmeter with the engine running. If the alternator is good, it should be about 13.5-14 volts.
By Axix23
#337820 yeah, voltage is fine when car is on.. Just annoyed that the light doesn't come on at times. Like i said, i checked everything and changed the bulb out.