ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By PirateEG
#337409 So the topic says it all, I have a Canadian EG (the radiator cap warning is in English, Spanish and French :lol: ) and they came standard with DRL's and I want it gone.

There are 2 fuses I can pull to stop them functioning, but then I would not have high beams.

Does anyone know how to remove this standard feature? And keep my high beams...

in case you do not know what I am talking about, or just want a visual, I found an image from the internetz.
By PirateEG
#337439 OH YEA!

I swear I have been on fire lately figuring out what the guy who did all the work/swap did and "fixing it".

While was was putting in the DIY in-dash VTEC light I looked at the options and after installing my fog lights know those are power, acc and on.

While, there was always a jumper between Option "D" and option "E"... took it out and VOILA! no more DRL...

So I can only assume for anyone looking to ADD DRL's, put a jumper between option D and E... the furthest ones to the right.

WHOOP WHOOP.
By deschlong
#338146 Those aren't DRLs in that image. That car's parking lights are on. Canadian DRLs on a Civic use the high-beam filament at a stepped-down wattage, so it's actually the headlights that are on.

So, removing a jumper between Option D and E wouldn't have anything to do with an actual DRL setup. Do you really have a Canadian Civic? Lots of people think they do, but really it is just manufactured in Canada but for the US market, like many 5G Civics were.
By PirateEG
#338153 I think so... says CDM under my hood... it is a stock sticker...

anywhere on the vin to know for sure?

plus, I do not have the DRL box under the hood.

And whatever I had on my lights... it is now gone and I am happy they are.
By deschlong
#338154 Yeah, all Canadian and US hatchbacks say "Honda of Canada Mfg." or something.

No DRL box likely means not CDM. Plug your VIN into torontohondaparts.com and if it's not recognized, it's not CDM, sorry.