ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By stubrun
#337306 hey guys, having a boggling day today with my eg8, i converted the car from obd0 to obd1 to run my new engine, the interior loom was removed from an ej2 coupe, and i added the vtec wires/map sensor wiring now my horn won't work :? :?

can anyone shed anylight on this problem?
By teal_dx
#337308 If only the horn isn't working after all of that wiring, then you did well!
It's probably something simple. The horn and brake signal share the same fuse. Did you check that? Did you have the steering wheel apart at all? Maybe you missed a ground in the engine bay.
By brandoff88
#337312 x2 to what teal said, after I redid all my wiring the only issue im having is when the heater is turned on to high it makes the car start to stutter...so its def something simple...double check the wiring very carefully im sure you will find it
By stubrun
#337319 cheers guys, yeah thats the only problem, loom was taken from a 94 ej2 coup with the d15b7, will they have srs or airbags??

brake lights work fine, steering wheel was removed but not taken apart, only thing stopping me putting my bumper back on and taking it for a drive :(
By xzachrickx
#337320 ok so it sounds to me like some kind of ground related problem grounds are everthing on this cars lol transmisson,block,head, and the absolute most important ground? the t stat housing ground!!! if that it not grounded good then you ecu with act dumb as a box of rocks, if it even works at all lol
By stubrun
#337324 everything works fine mate, engine runs sweet, had an irratic idle but that was down to the FITV, all is well just no horn lol.
By TrailerTrash
#337330 i agree with Juls. the horn and srs wiring are in a kind of a tape like strip of wires. if the srs wasnt wired up through the steering column and inside the steering wheel then the horn will not work.

youll probably have to wire it up yourself