ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By gabriel0422
#334155 i just bought a P28 from a friend for my D16Z6 engine automatic tranny, im currently running a P06. . now i have not wired the VTEC to the ecu yet cuz i honestly dont know how. when i installed the ECU(P28) it jus plug and play. but when i try starting the car it wont start unless i give it gas. . also it wont let change gears from Park to Rev,or Drive. . i checked the ECU and it is for an automatic. . can anyone shed light to this situation?
By Uknterror
#334173 100% sure its an auto trans ecu? Did you pop it open to verify? You can convert an auto ecu to manual and back. If you can't get out of park then it sounds like something is wrong with the ecu converted or otherwise
By gabriel0422
#334175 ya 100% ecu is auto but i jus learned last night that ecu was on a manual car so most likely it was convereted from auto to manual
By teal_dx
#334180 Check the DIY how-to list. There's a DIY for converting the ecu and also a mini-me DIY with details on how to wire up vtec to a p28 on a car that did not have vtec before. :thumb: