ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By panic989
#332744 I'm having a lot of trouble with this one. At first I was running a p28 ECU on my JDM GSR and was throwing the EGR valve code, code 12. Now I'm running a p06 converted to vtec and chipped to a p72 and I'm still throwing the same code. As far as I knew only the preludes and I believe accords came with an EGR valve. Does anyone know how to fix this? would it be as easy as depinning the EGR wire from the ECU clips or do I have to do something along the lines of grounding a wire? The guy that did my chip said I shouldn't throw that code anymore. I'm going back to the shop tomorrow to see if he can help me figure this out but I don't know what it could be at this point.
By panic989
#332772 I made it back to the shop today. The guy that did my chip said that's it is really odd that I'm throwing that code because, like previously stated, that the civic ecu's didn't even have the egr valve on the ecu. He said that in my cabin harness I could have some wires crossed, which is plausible because my cabin harness is janky as hell. I have wires going places I can't see, and a few that come out of the ecu about a foot then are just cut, and there are a few that are spliced together. I will go through this eventually and try to figure it out, but in the mean time has anyone ever had the same problem or a similar problem?
By panic989
#332778 Yeah it sucks. WeWe are looking at it now. Had to solder and heat shrink some wires back together including but but not limited to... MY NUMBER 4 INJECTOR WIRE!!! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK???? Sorry for the profanity.