ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By alexwiththeeg3
#331724 So for some reason, I cant get my interior clock to keep its time? Everytime the engine is turned off and on, it goes back to 1:00... Does anyone have any suggestions as to why it keeps doing that?
By Leppy
alexwiththeeg3 wrote:So for some reason, I cant get my interior clock to keep its time? Everytime the engine is turned off and on, it goes back to 1:00... Does anyone have any suggestions as to why it keeps doing that?

Is it just the clock or does your radio do the same thing?

Dummy check would be your back-up fuse. If not, and I had to render an educated guess, I'd say the clock's PCB is getting power but isn't being backed up by the battery. Pull it out and check the wiring, or just get another one from a junkyard and see if it does the same thing. You probably have a broken wire or a pin out of place, or more than likely it's just a bad PCB in the clock
By Ajax1989
#331730 I had to wire my clock to a 12v source.. ie yellow wire off headunit
By alexwiththeeg3
#331785 Well I currently have no stereo... So just the clock, so you're saying check all! G fuses, back up fuses and wiring?
By Leppy
alexwiththeeg3 wrote:Well I currently have no stereo... So just the clock, so you're saying check all! G fuses, back up fuses and wiring?

No stereo? Yeah, i'd start with the back-up fuse, then check your under-dash fuses.
By alexwiththeeg3
#331796 Probably a dumb question, but where would I find the back-up fuse?
By Leppy
alexwiththeeg3 wrote:Probably a dumb question, but where would I find the back-up fuse?

Here!
By nicksdelslow
#331826 I personally prefer the clock delete. My radio has a clock as does my iPod and phone. I don't need another time device too, and it looks cleaner without it (IMO).

Do u really need it anyway?
By alexwiththeeg3
#331850 I dont have a stereo in at the moment... And looking at your phone whilst driving is naughty... So the in car clock is my only option for now
By alexwiththeeg3
#331911 The backup fuse had blown, replaced it and the clock now keeps its time, thanks for the help guys!
By Leppy
alexwiththeeg3 wrote:The backup fuse had blown, replaced it and the clock now keeps its time, thanks for the help guys!

You're welcome, it's why we're here!