ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By panic989
#331474 I know this has been brought up numerous times before but I figured I would start my own thread on it.

I have a few questions about this. First let me start off with... I have the basic idea of a wire tuck and have a relatively good idea of wiring and how it works and so on. My main reasoning behind wanting to wire tuck my eg is because, well it just looks super clean. Another reason behind it is my harness is pretty much fucked straight outta the ECU. To put it plainly I have at least three wires coming out of my A and D clip that are about two feet long and just get cut and go to nothing. Coming out of my A clip I have, I counted, SEVEN wires that are all cut and just ran into ONE 10 gauge wire and disappear into the harness somewhere. I don't have a problem with DIY'ing but I feel that it would be entirely too much work to try and correct all of the problems with my harness. Now onto the questions...

1) Has anyone ever had any experience with buying pre-tucked wiring harnesses?

2) I looked up a few and found three companies that did them Chase Bays, Rywire, and Wire-worx. Has anyone heard anything on these companies? Good or bad?

3) Do you think it would just be better to just buy a stock harness and tuck that myself? I know it would be much cheaper to do but would it be better?

Anything is appreciated. Thanks everyone.
By panic989
#331475 Here are the links for the pre-tucked harnesses I found
http://www.chasebays.com/product/acu...b--d--h-series

http://www.rywire.com/catalog/milspe...rness-p-1.html

http://wire-worx.com/stage-1-braided...e-harness.html

And this last one is a "budget" harness.
http://www.rywire.com/catalog/budget...ess-p-160.html

Sorry that I couldn't post the links with the original post but I couldn't post URL's on my first post.
By teal_dx
#331481 I'm gonna move this to Chassis - Electrical :thumb:

I've never worked with a pre-built harness though... but based on your previous post, some people should not be allowed to own tools :x
By panic989
#331484 Thanks teal for moving this. I actually saw this section after I posted this one in the general and the other in the hatchback sections and I'm new to this forum, as I use a local Arizona forum for the most part, and didn't even know that a post could be moved.

I couldn't agree with you more. I never actually realized how bad it was until the other day when I actually looked at the harness and tried to find out why certain things weren't working even though I had soldered new clips, in certain locations, and all the wires together properly and things still weren't working right. So that led me to find out how utterly destroyed my harness really is. which in turn sent me on the hunt for some pre-made wire tuck harness, and ultimately to scour the forums and see if any had ever r knew someone that has used one of the three that I had found. Which btw were the only three harnesses I could find that were plug and play and pre-tucked.

Teal-dx have you heard anything about any of the companies? Or their reliability?
By panic989
#331497 The local forum guy, singular because only one guy replied to my questions, said that his buddy ran a rywire in his ek and he was planning on running the same thing in his eg as well. Just trying to get some feedback before blowing a good chunk of change on something that is or isn't very high quality. Thanks again teal.
By FG2_Andrew
#331499 There's a guy I'm friends with on FB. He builds nice harnesses.. I'll post his link tonight!
By panic989
#331500 Thanks Andy. I appreciate it. I may take a look and see what he says but I'm boycotting Facebook so I may not get on there. If you know him personally our if he has a business would you be able to pm me his contact info our I will you?
By rustyrex
#331503 I tucked my factory harness. I did not have to cut shorten or extend any wires.
By teal_dx
rustyrex wrote:I tucked my factory harness. I did not have to cut shorten or extend any wires.

Same here but my factory harness wasn't fubar'd by the previous owner.
Sounds like this last owner was a complete hack :thumbdown:
By rustyrex
#331507 Very true. I chose not to buy a harness because I was able to make mine how I wanted. I could run them where I wanted as well. That way if I had to chase down a problem I still am able to usr a fsm because the wires colors are still the same.
By FG2_Andrew
#331515 here's the link i promised:

https://www.facebook.com/CJs.Tuck.Harnesses?fref=ts

he prefers you send if a core (if worthwhile).. his prices are better than ChaseBays, etc. but obviously turn-around time may be longer due to the fact he is running a small operation. good luck and hope that helps
By panic989
#331519 rustyrex - I would prefer to do my own wire tuck but like previously mentioned it would be entirely way too much work to try and fix that harness and chase wires and this and that. I would love to take that time out and do it myself just the way I want it but no dice with this harness. way too effed up for that.

EH2_andy - Thank you. I'll go check him out and let you know what the verdict was.

But so far it looks like the only company anyone has ever heard anything about is Rywire. I'll still hold out buying but I appreciate the input fellas.
By rustyrex
#331523 at my local pull a part the sell them for $20.
By panic989
#331524 A new harness? They go for like $250-300 out here...