ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By akajohnnyt23
#331387 Hey guys. I am hurting for help. I plan an swapping the stock d15b7 out for a b16a that i already acquired. But before that i have to replace all of the wire harnesses. Do to the idiots that previously owned the car. They felt it was necessary to cut into the wires leading to the headlights, just to splice in a cheap hid kit!!! Which just blows my mind!!!!! Oh well i got the car for dirt cheap so i cant complain. My question is. How many harnesses do i need? I have heard that there are three total. One for each side. (left,right) and the engine harness. Also i need to know of a good place to get these from. Thanks for any help.
By wolfman93
#331528 Pretty sure only one other then engine harness. I have stripped 4 eg civics. About to have to strip mine. N best place is junkyard or pullaparts.
By deschlong
#331532 Solder, liquid electrical tape, heat shrink the section that's missing back on again. If you want an "uncut harness" well the passenger headlight goes all the way back in to the cabin to the under-dash fuse box as one piece. You're looking at hours upon hours of work.
By akajohnnyt23
deschlong wrote:Solder, liquid electrical tape, heat shrink the section that's missing back on again. If you want an "uncut harness" well the passenger headlight goes all the way back in to the cabin to the under-dash fuse box as one piece. You're looking at hours upon hours of work.

Yea i figured. And i am not looking forward to it. Since this will be my first time dealing with any kind of wiring. But it has to be done. There are so many wires cut. That half of the switches don't work. I should be pulling out the d15 this weekend, if all goes well. So I will see then just how deep i am. Thanks for the advice. And if anyone else can think of something that would help. That would be great.
By wolfman93
#331551 Man if you was closer to me Id come help you. I can strip a car down with out breaking or cutting anything in a day. Usually I start by removing dash and then feeding all wires back thru firewall from engine bay and headlights. Duck tape and zip ties will be your best friend cuz 9 out of 10 times those plastic clips will break that hold the harness in place. Just remember if your goin to vtec motor it will help you in the long run to get any 92 harness or 93-95 ex or si cuz they have vtec wired up to the passenger side shock tower.