ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By madhatchride
#330514 ok so i made the mistake of plugging the purge valve side to the iavc and vice versa.i called a shop and they said if this happend that it would burn something out in the ecu. well what would this effect does anyone know what would happen? the car isnt 100 % done so i have nothing to go by on if it runs better or worse
By rustyrex
#330536 the only thing that will happen is the idle will jump up and down real fast like the vacuum line for the brake master cylinder is unpluged. i did this exact same thing when i did my swap, those 2 harness plugs are exactly alike. just make sure you switch them before you go to drive it.
By madhatchride
#330621 well see the problem is i didnt know i didnt catch they were switched till a a month after ive been testing it and driving it a lil will it cause any problems other wise like for example the car will not hit red line at all n doesnt seem to run like a b18 should
By rustyrex
#330622 Of course it is not going to run correctly. The iac and purge valve are not working. It take 10 seconds to swap plugs. I'm really surprised its driveable. My cars idle was jumping so bad when I did that it kept stalling when I tried to pull out of my driveway.
By madhatchride
#330637 well even after i switched them i still have the slight retarded jump issue and they said it would burn a big hole in my ecu
By madhatchride
#330638 not a big hole but would burn the main board
By TrailerTrash
#330639 :eh:

hook them both up and start the car. if the car runs like shit and the check engine light is on then they are backwards.
By madhatchride
#330640 i know there right now im sure it idles ok and i have no cel for my iavc but i was told that having them switched for a period of time can burn your ecu out and btw i just got done reading your whole coupe build forum :) nice
By JUICE
#330642 I'd say its probably fine, people confuse them all the time and have no problems once they fix it. I'm actually running my EBC boost solenoid off the wires that used to go to the purge valve.