ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By DeanPant
#329383 Hi,

Ive tried to do as much research on this topic as i can, but im still a bit lost with all the wiring..

I have a JDM EG4 - Carb that im going to install the ITR setup into. (front cut -- i want to use the ecu the motor came with - P73)

so basically.. carburetor to OBD2

im aware that the harness wont be a plug and play into the fuse boxes so what will i need to do?

just fyi my parts list is :

ITR harness - obd2
P73 ecu
EK hatch fuel lines
EK hatch fuel tank
b16 fuel pump
ITR Motor complete, hubs, shafts, linkage, tranny, engine mounts etc
By DeanPant
#329391 unfortunately a p28 or similar ecu is hard to come by this side of the world, ill look at importing 1.. it will be the simplest way for sure it seems.

Thanks

so the carb harness thats in the car currently will work?? or will i need to source a obd1 harness to go with the ecu?
By teal_dx
#329401 If you're going to chip a P28 to use tuning software, you can start with a P05, P06 or P28 I believe. I'm not a a genius in this category - I'd do the research :thumb:
By DeanPant
#329446 thanks! really not a fan of wiring :lol:
By JUICE
#329460 I'd imagine you probably need a new harness. Just seems like your carb'd harness would be missing way to many plugs.
By DeanPant
#329470 Yeah i have the same feeling :thumbdown: ok ill be hitting up the scrapyard for an obd1 engine and dash harness, and ill import a obd1 chipped ecu. thanks guys
By asianrob
#329507 there was a sticky on this some where.

i would just do to your local salvage and pull the main harness from a car that was MPFI and go from there. and get all the fuel return lines and etc.. or buy one thats wrecked and use it as a donor car.

i know for sure there is a write up on d series. org.
By asianrob
#329508 here a link

http://www.hondacivicforum.co.uk/16-eng ... ction.html

what this guy did is fine. i think just going all factory stuff would be easier tho.
By asianrob
#329529 :thumb: cant wait to see!