ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#329105 ok so i just installed an wide band AFR and i was wondering what are normal numbers to see on a stock Y8 motor??

im generally idleing at 13.2-13.5 and at WOT its at about 10-10.5

keep in mind my car burns some oil

but what i was wondering about most is that when i "engine brake" (let off the throttle completely while still in gear to slow down) it reads a flat 20 AFR pinned to lean??? is this normal??? :? :?
By JUICE
#329109 Yup, when you engine brake above like 1k rpm your injectors actually completely shut off. If you coast in neutral, the injectors come back on for idle.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#329111 ok..good to know...but what do you think about my numbers for idle and WOT???are they somewhat normal for a Y8 motor N/A??

do the (normal) numbers change from car to car or motor to motor??? or is the numbers about the same for all cars and motors???

sorry for all the noob questions..i dont know anything about tuning and what not..thanks for the help in advance!! :thumb:
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
bigJOE671 wrote:Here's some info: http://www.enginebasics.com/EFI%20Tunin ... uning.html
this link kind of helps me...but like i said what is good for a D16Y8 motor..the article says some cars are different
By Uknterror
#329132 For any stock vehicle idle should be around 14.5-14.7 WOT 12.5, these numbers are a standard for any vehicle. As you said your car burns some oil which would give it the lower number readings. Curious what brand wideband do you have?
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
Uknterror wrote:For any stock vehicle idle should be around 14.5-14.7 WOT 12.5, these numbers are a standard for any vehicle. As you said your car burns some oil which would give it the lower number readings. Curious what brand wideband do you have?

thanks for the info ..and i have a glowshift gauge to match my other gauges...but the sensor is the boch sensor...im told its the same as the AEM boch sensor

i have heard mixed reviews about glowshift but i havent had any problems with their products so far and i had them for about 7-9 months or so?...so i figured id give the wideband a shot too
By suspendedHatch
#329280 You can make more power by taking the car to a dyno tuner and having them lean it out at WOT.

That's pretty rich for idle. Is that after it's fully warmed up? Do you have an adjustable fpr, aftermarket fuel pump, or big injectors? Is your ignition timing correct? Does the car pass smog?