ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By 92dxeg
#326575 ik this is not eg related... but i need to get a ek civic 1996 to pass nj state inspection its jump to obd1 its a ls vtec motor what would be the best obd2 ecu too run to get it to pass nj inspection for example can i just use a ls ecu it just wont have vtec and they could scan the car right ?
By blk92hb
#326607 do you do smog?? i know in mo you can run whatever you want, you just need a cat, and eveything else to be working
By 92dxeg
#326638 i mean the stick a sniffer in the exhust and theey plug in a obd2 to check it to make sure its running fine with no cells. but my question would be whats the best obd2 ecu too run when getting inspected cuz they can scan wit obd1 ecu
By suspendedHatch
#326955 OBD2 ECUs have the VIN imprinted in them. When I was doing safety/IM here in Utah, if it wasn't the original ECU, the machine would automatically fail them. I'd have to send them to the air resources board where they do a stricter test and grant you an exemption from that particular rule. From then on you test it like an OBD1.

If your state doesn't have the VIN requirement, then I suppose a USDM OBD2 B16 ECU would be your best bet. Del Sol only I believe.
By 92dxeg
#327064 i have never heard of that one but nothing would suprise me in nj i am trying to pass it for a friend i will let u guys know