ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By brandoff88
#323999 so i have a couple issues, the harness went in and fit just like it should once i finished it up BUT i have a question

1. i have no idea where the plug circled in blue goes, i have looked and looked, and im fairly certain that the red circled plug goes where the other red circle is, can someone help/confirm this?

once i get this taken care of i can go back and sand the ground spots for a good connection i just want to get everything in the right place first. thanks for the help in advance
By brandoff88
#324004 no one :( the only things i have left on this car are:

1.get bitch pin out and connect new shift linkage
2.put in battery and fluids
3. put on exhaust
4. bleed clutch/brakes
5.drain gas and lines(been in there almost a year)
6. fire her up

this one thing could prevent me from getting everything ready..i have googled for nearly two hours and looked everywhere, unless theres a plug im not seeing i cant see where it would go..really need help guys
By juls1488
#324006 not sure about the red circled one, but i'm 90% certain the blue plug is for the sensor on the back of the manifold. cant remember the name of it but it looks like this. (circled in white)
this one is painted, stock ones are all black.
think its called the purge solenoid or something like that. evap something or other? can't remember :?
By brandoff88
#324019 i knew the tps went there, that why they were circled in red :) only plug with that type of connector and i think i have the one back (in you first post teal, the white circle) already connected to something ill go double check real quick, and if so does that mean i have something else connected wrong, it all seems correct except that one...
By brandoff88
#324022 ok i feel dumb, the area teal had circled was open with nothing plugged in, i plugged in the yellow/red plug to that (vacuum sensor plug?) and then i put the one i had circled there which is the yellow/blue plug (IACV) so i think i got them in the right places now, if not let me now, and i can get pics tomorrow to verify or clear things up if needed...thanks again guys
By teal_dx
#324030 The only thing you gotta watch out for is the TPS and MAP plugs can plug into each other. If you get CEL's for both of those sensors, that's why. I always put a labeled tape tag on the harness before unplugging a bunch of things or else I forget where things go. :thumb:
By brandoff88
#324047 oh i know haha, and to be 100% percent, tps is in the engine harness itself right, and the map is through the firewall right?
By juls1488
brandoff88 wrote:oh i know haha, and to be 100% percent, tps is in the engine harness itself right, and the map is through the firewall right?

yep. USDM EG's that had the D15b7 stock(DX/LX) had their MAP sensor on the firewall. EX/Si EG's had it on the top of the throttle body.
By brandoff88
#324049 i know that... lol but what i was asking was the wiring for the map thru the fire wall and the wiring for the tps in the engine harness

ps my map is on my tb but the wiring come thru the fire wall, just wanted to make sure i had it hooked up right lol
By brandoff88
#324052 alrighty thanks teal and juis, now i just got little stuff to do..well besides the bitch pin :thumbdown: but i hope to have it running this week and maybe i can get a video up