ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By fago88
#321781 Hey guys,

after some requests I translated my german DIY into english, I hope everbody can understand what I'm triying to explain ^^

so here we go!

What do we need
- Ap1 Preface S2k cluster with plugs and a few cm of cables
- Converter for speed, water temperatrue and fuel gauge(you can buy this from me (ZRT-Garage 190 €)

Work material
- crimping Tool
- soldering iron
- solder
- insulating tape

I know it can be made with pin out and with new cables and without brazing :) But I prefer brazing :-P

First I would recommend to buy a second cluster harness for civic EG so you don't have to strip your OEM harness and you can do the cluster work at home and you can back arm everytime.

PART 1 - Preparation
no pics sry :-/

First you take your Civic EG cluster harness and cut off the 2 plugs for the cluster.
After this you have to strip the cables.

Then you take the plugs from the s2k cluster with the cables and strip them so you can solder them together later.

Part 2 - Wiring diagram
Here is now the interesting part, you may find some information in the internet.
Some people were talking abount cable colors other one about pin outs and plugs.

Problem on this ... the s2k cluster from US and EU models are different, some times the cable color ist different so you cant just take the color and solder them together.

So it's important that you not only have to look at the color! At the S2L cluster you have to look at the plugs because the assignment ist the same.

At the eg cluster the color seems to be the same all time in every country.

I put all the information together and did 3 diagrams!
With this diagramm you can easily connect the S2K cluster with the EG harness and with a matching converter.
If you have an Civic 96-01 or Integra you have to get the matching cluster plan from your car.

The only "problems" are 3 signals, the s2k cluster can't handle the speed, water temperature and the fuel gauge from your car.
So you have to get a converter wich convert the signals.

If you would live in germany or europe I would offer you the converter from my online shop (www.zrtgarage.com) but the shipping to the USA ist way too expensive, so you can better buy the converter from WIREWORX (http://wire-worx.com/13-s2000-speed-temp-fuel-converter)

So here we go! This was the hardest part for me....the translation of the 3 charts... hope everything is correct so far :rotfl:

S2K Cluster

Civic EG Cluster

Solder Plan

I hope I can simplify the s2k cluster conversation to you :)

DIY DOWNLOAD PDF