ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By ottofalcon
#320964 Hello everybody I'm a new guy here had a couple of Honda's already so I'm not that much of a newb =D

I bought a 94 coupe with a d15b vtec with an intake 4-1 headers and a tuned p28 right know I run with 50/50 of 93 octane a 100 octane, yes I know as soon as I get some more cash the pistons are going out the door.

My problem started last night, I got home from work and the car started to idle rough and the cel light came on, I turned it of then started it and it was working fine, then it started again with the rough idle.

Today I turned it on and it started right up no problems and it died, left it home took my other car and came back and it started right up no fuzz, the the idle went rough again along with the cel, (obd1) I jumped the plug gave me code 0 as in no flashing steady cel.

From what I've read this usually means a bad ECU, but that ECU is new. And if it was the ECU why is it that it starts up fine and then after a couple of min. it starts to miss?

If it where a bad ECU wouldn't the the car idle rough from the get go?

I checked the eprom and it wasn't lose and the harness wasnt lose either, should I check for a short?

Thank you in advance!
By ottofalcon
#321047 Well I went ahead and opened up my ecu and I found some burnt up circuits, there is some considerable damage to the board and I want to try and trace the source of the short to see where my problem really lies.

Here are some pictures of the ECU it's a P28