ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By ForneyHatch
#320305 I finally finished this project!!

I badly wanted an AP1 cluster into my EG hatch. I knew that this was not a very cheap ordeal, but I still wanted it anyways. I was ok with buying the cluster, Speedohealer, and Modifry unit. The salvage yard was unwilling to cut their S2000 dash harness to give me the pigtails. Another option was a custom plug in harness, but I wasn't really willing to pay $279. So, I decided to make my own custom harness for my conversion. This included sourcing New connectors, exact contacts, wiring, and proper tools. This whole process was somewhat of a hassle, but it turned out to be very rewarding. I also made a custom Carbon/Kevlar backing plate to hold my AP1 cluster. Here are some of the pictures that I have taken throughout this process. Please excuse the dust.

I used purple 22 gauge wiring just to make it look interesting. I used yellow wiring for the inputs that will need to be modified electronically. This include speedometer input, coolant temperature, and fuel. Everything was perfectly labeled so it would be a simple and strait forward install with quick connects. Using connects allowed me to not damage my original EG dash harness.

This is the connector with the yellow wires which indicate modified inputs

This is how I attached the AP1 cluster to the bezel

Speedohealer V4.....used

ECT Modifry

Installed pics:

Everything does work properly. I used many resources from Honda-tech.com and other websites to wire this up properly. Fortunately, everything that I have done is reversible if I choose to remove my cluster. Thanks for viewing.
By 95kuope
#320306 pretty awesome any pic w car on?
By TrailerTrash
#320335 i love the plug and play part and the can go back to stock part :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

awesome!
By ForneyHatch
#320345 This is a pic of the cluster in action before final assembly. I just started the car. You can notice that the coolant temperature is correct for a cold engine. I used the correct resistor to modify my fuel reading within 90%+ accuracy. The tachometer is also correct.

By onibakagaijin
#320418 really friggin awesome. I love the electronic clutser but like you said, costs and the no going back has stopped me when I've thought about it.
By Jwsportcars
#320617 where did u find the speedo healer and ect unit?
By ForneyHatch
#320766 I got speedohealer v4 used from Ebay for $70 and ECT from Modifry website new for $70. AP1 cluster can be sourced generally for $150-200 used with connectors. This is definitely not a cheap modification but it reminds me of the old 80's and 90's F1 clusters
By ForneyHatch
#320844 I got speedohealer v4 used from Ebay for $70 and ECT from Modifry website new for $70. AP1 cluster can be sourced generally for $150-200 used withOUT connectors. This is definitely not a cheap modification but it reminds me of the old 80's and 90's F1 clusters