ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By GotHatch?
#319083 Ok sorry for another stupid question but I just want to find out before I make a purchase. If I use a non vtec harness on a vtec engine its only three wires and the engine harness plugs up at the firewall correct? If that is the case don't I just run the 3 vtec wires to the correct wires inside that are plugged into the ECU?
By familyEGuy23
#319085 Vtec solenoid goes to ecu and positive wire on Vtec oil pressure switch (blue) goes to ecu and black wire you ground, so yeah just run wires through firewall that's what I did :thumb: got to admit though doesn't look as clean than getting vtec harness :thumbdown: oh well my car's not for show :lol:
By teal_dx
#319100 92 hatches are pre wired for vtec through the firewall up to the passenger shock tower. Other civics will need wired from the engine to the ecu. Details are in the mini me DIY thread. http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10
By GotHatch?
#319113 Yeah I knew that I guess what I was actually asking was when I change the harness does the plugs that are plugged into my ECU change or do they stay the same?
By GotHatch?
#319114 I am over thinking things I just reread your article and now it makes sense to me lol.