ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By rayrayx11
#317051 so the kid i bought the car off took the check engine light bulb out. put another bulb in. came out of another car. but still cant get the check engine light illuminate. is there another wire he might of cut to hide it? im doing this in the ran so the faster i finish the better. 95 civic ex

also cant get the brake switch to light up. one of the other missing bulbs it looks light.

key on in the second position. check engine light should test. but nothing.

i jumped the plug. (blue two pin connector next to ecu) SRS light flashed only.

checked the back up fuse used to reset the ecu. beside that there arent fuses to the cel or brake switch itself. unless this kid cut wires. is there a wire directly to the CEL/Check Engine light??
By Punksz6
#317053 Dam Sorry to hear... Fuckin people these days...That happened to my Bro he went to buy a 2001 prelude from these dudes and they pulled the cell light bulb out so it wouldnt show...If its not the bulb then he could have cut some wires...Just put in a new bulb and check first... Also pull the cluster out and see if anything is cut behind there.
By rayrayx11
#317056 was just rushing in the rain. sat down, went back out. checked all the bulbs. so there were a few bulbs missing. replaced them. no cels. good news. e brake still doesnt set of the brake light. i guess that could of just gone bad.
By nd1983
#317060 have you checked the wire at the brake? my EF was known for wearing out the connector point and wires from over use.
By rayrayx11
#317074 the brake light on the cluster has to do the the parking brake and the brake fluid level. it was down pooring so i stopped for the day. ill dry sucking out some brake fluid tomorrow. see if i can set off the light. or maybe just disconnect the sensor and see what happens