ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By xhardlinerx
#316976 I read that if you use a Kenji p28 ECU, that you dont need to convert the car from OBD2 to OBD1 and all you would need is a engine harness. You could pick to use the civics harness or the type R's harness.

Im going to install a type r engine and tranny in either a 92-95 Civic SI hatch, or this particular 94 civic hatch that has been converted with A/C and P/S from a integra.

I will post that link talking about the kenji p28 ecu as soon as i get the link.
By chrono404
#316989 You can get any p28, or p72 Ecu, have it chipped to run just about any Honda B,D,H or F Honda Engine. Heck some Nissan 240 guys put Honda Dizzys on their engines and run P28 ecus so they can get different tuning options.

Putting a B Series Civic Type-R or Integra Type-R Engine is the same as putting in any other B swap into an EG. We have a DIY walkthrough on doing a B Series swap in the DIY How To section.

For wiring, I would recommend using your D Series wiring harness, adding a Knock sensor or deleting it via software, and extending your o2 sensor wires. Once thats done you just drape your D Series Harness over your B Series and plug everything in. Since your converting from OBD2, you will want to run your OBD1 D Series injectors(same size as an CTR or ITR) and D Series Alternator, You could get a OBD1 LS or GSR Alternator if you wanted.

I wouldn't use a Kenji P28 assuming its just a random program on an ecu. Take a P28 to a local tuning shop such as Speed Factory in Washington or Church automotive in SoCal and have them chip your Ecu as well as Tune it for you.

A K Series CTR or ITR Engine is a different animal. While it might be possible to get it running off a P28 or P72 it makes much more sense and will be much much cheaper to run a K Series ECU and a K Pro.

Good Luck.