ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By rodney120985
#316480 This question maybe on here some where after searching for it and some 80 plus pages cvoming up I dont have the time to go through each and every page and search for it. I just bought my car it had a CEL on and I am pretty sure its for the o2 sensor since there isnt one on the car at all. It has a ls swap and a P72 chipped ECU in it. looking to wipe the o2 sensor from the computer so the light will go off or fool the computer to thinkin it has the sensor or sensors if the b18b has 2 (not sure on that one) :? so that it will get off the running full rich and burning more gas for no reason. If anybody has any info on this and care to pass it on would be a big help.
By Flatland_EG
#316515 Why not just get an O2 sensor, it'd probably be cheaper than a reflash. :?
By rodney120985
#316553 ok that is what I thought as well but I have heard of people talking bout deleting theirs and doin something to the ecu. just thought i would ask and see if anybody had some personnal input on it
By teal_dx
#316556 They might have been talking about disabling the second o2 on an OBD2 car. It's there to read the emissions after the cat. But OBD1 cars only have 1 o2. :thumb:
By Flatland_EG
#316798 I've heard of an O2 sensor simulator but if I remember right that was for applications were the O2 sensor was located on the catalytic converter itself.
By Flatland_EG
#316845 Yeah, mine is OBD1 and all I have is a single O2 sensor on my header.

Ironically enough, I bought a bunch of new ignition and fuel system parts only to find out that the cars problem was the O2 sensor. :oops:
Oh well, I've got a bunch of new parts under the hood now. :lol:
By markspend01
#335471 Hey Guys well i think that the O2 sensor is the best solution for that like its cheap and include much characteristics.Thanks!!