ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By bigJOE671
#315939 So my battery has been dying and I been trying to figure out why. I did some research online and decided to do a Parastic Drain test.

Now for the results!
When I first tested it I got 107-109ma. I troubleshooted it to the ceiling light. The ceiling light was in the door position and all doors were closed.

Now when I turned the ceiling light to the off position. I got a parastic drain of 22-27ma. I pulled all my fuses and nothing changed that reading. Is this acceptable? I got a 2 way paging alarm.

Wouldn't the ceiling light in the door position with the doors closed shouldn't be pulling any milliamps? Mine is pulling 85ma with it.

FYI...When I installed a LCD light for the dome light would still be lighted up when in the door position and doors closed, but not as bright when its in the on position. So I just switched it back to the stock incandecent light bulb.

If I leave the dome light in the off position it would not trigger my alarm but if i leave it on the door position my alarm would be triggered if I opened the door/doors.
By suspendedHatch
#316151 It's the door trigger. If it was the dome light itself, the light would be on. The door triggers are part of the dome circuit.

How is your alarm connected to the door trigger? Did you use the negative input? Did you tag the passenger side wire (can be found in the driver's kick or the A pillar)?
By bigJOE671
suspendedHatch wrote:It's the door trigger. If it was the dome light itself, the light would be on. The door triggers are part of the dome circuit.

How is your alarm connected to the door trigger? Did you use the negative input? Did you tag the passenger side wire (can be found in the driver's kick or the A pillar)?

My door trigger is connected to the wire on the A-pillar. Yes negative input.

I recently removed my alarm to further troubleshoot but its still doing the same thing with the parastic draw being high with the dome light in the door position.