ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By kt95CiviCDX
#313725 So i traded my stock headlights for some real denji's...now my idea is to retrofit a different projector that has both hi-beam and lo-beam in and change the other headlight spot to like a daytime running light that comes on when the car comes on...how would i wire the headlight to do that ?
By kt95CiviCDX
#313763 a lot of views and no ideas lol...I was thinking of running the 9006 bulb to an always hot accessory spot in the underdash fuse box...would that work?
By JohnRM
#313765 I don't think running the wires through a "hot" accessory port is going to work; It's going to be on the whole time if that's the case. But it CAN work if you wire it up to where the radio turns on at the second click of the ignition switch.
By couch_c
#313768 Why don't you just wire it it the key acc?
That way it'll always be on until you take your key out of the ignition? it's probably gonna be bright enough to blind people though.
By kt95CiviCDX
#313775 well i also want to find like the lowest wattage bulb possible so that it doesnt blind anyone...just have it as a DRL
By kt95CiviCDX
JohnRM wrote:I don't think running the wires through a "hot" accessory port is going to work; It's going to be on the whole time if that's the case. But it CAN work if you wire it up to where the radio turns on at the second click of the ignition switch.

Sorry john i didnt see your post. So where would i wire that to, to do that? I was also thinking of something like this, but i had come up with this "diagram" before i read john's post...so instead of the fuse box it would wire to where the radio turns on at the second click of the ignition switch.

and the resistor is in there to dim the new "DRLs" to ~40-45% power...would i need one or two resistors? And one more noob question lol...If i wanted the DRLs to turn off when i switched the projectors on, how would i get them to do that ?
By asianrob
#314179 could just wire it in with your parking lights?
By kt95CiviCDX
#314199 The parking lights dont come on when the car does or that would make this a whole lot easier lol
By asianrob
#314229 i know. non of the US civic's are like that. Canada i think is the only country that had DRL's ( which is a resistor box that is wiring to run the headlights at a lower out put) but wiring it to the parking lights would be similar. just have to manually turn them on and off.

if you want you can always pull the wiring off another car the sensor, relays and etc. and add it on your car. wire it into a power source and then go from there.

just sounds like more work then what its worth. not to mention a spot on the dash to put the sensor too.
By JDMLYFE
#315791 lol im the oppsite, my eg is canadian and i the lights come on as soon as i start the car, well the low beams, and i actually wish i didnt have that, any way of disconnecting it? reason is i got black housing headlights, and they look hella mean when the lights arent on lol