ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By EGCiviCKid
#313375 hi guys

i am looking to convert my auto sir interior loom to run my manual b16 any ideas on how to go about this?

thanks! :thumb:[/list]
Last edited by EGCiviCKid on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By EGCiviCKid
#313388 am i right in thinking..
cut the plug off
solder the two thick starter wires (tricking it thinking its in park)
extend the two reverse light wires and hook them through the firewall and onto the reverse light switch?
By teal_dx
EGCiviCKid wrote:am i right in thinking..
cut the plug off
extend the two reverse light wires and hook them through the firewall and onto the reverse light switch?

Yes that is all that needs to be done. You can also run the 2 thick wires to the safety switch on the clutch pedal if you want to make your car be able to be started only when clutch is pressed. (manual civics came this way, for safety reasons so car will not start in gear and lunge forward.)
By familyEGuy23
teal_dx wrote:
cut the plug off

Yes that is all that needs to be done. You can also run the 2 thick wires to the safety switch on the clutch pedal if you want to make your car be able to be started only when clutch is pressed. (manual civics came this way, for safety reasons so car will not start in gear and lunge forward.)

Sorry to threadjack but since we're on the same subject , I want to run the 2 thick wires to the safety switch but the wires are both different gauge sizes will this cause a fire in the car? :o. Pigtails off the clutch safety switch wires are 20gauge and the 2 thick wires look a lot thicker than that maybe 10 or 8? Any suggestions?
By teal_dx
EGCiviCKid wrote:wait im hoping this will sort my fuel pump not priming too? :pray:

There's a ground that attaches under the driver's seat (on US cars, UK is probably opposite- right side) that is for the fuel pump. It's easy to overlook and fuel pump won't prime w/o it. Next I would check your main relay under the driver's side dash. Small grey box and the solder joints inside are known to go bad over time from expanding/contracting. Re-soldering them usually does the trick. :thumb:
By teal_dx
familyEGuy23 wrote:
teal_dx wrote:
cut the plug off

Sorry to threadjack but since we're on the same subject , I want to run the 2 thick wires to the safety switch but the wires are both different gauge sizes will this cause a fire in the car? :o. Pigtails off the clutch safety switch wires are 20gauge and the 2 thick wires look a lot thicker than that maybe 10 or 8? Any suggestions?

They're definitely not 8/10 ga. probably closer to 12. And the other wiring is probably 16 instead of 20. Maybe 18. Either way, it isn't a problem. My car has been setup this way for years with no issues. :thumb:
By EGCiviCKid
#313623 ok..
I soldered the 2 thick wires together and it now cranks
I still couldnt hear the fuel pump priming so i looped the pump wires on the main relay, took off the fuel pump cover and took a reading of the 2 pin plug and it was about 12 so im guessing the wiring is all good? im not 100% this is the correct way to check i followed a thread on HT.
if the pump is geting power i reakon i need a new pump as it may be seized or somthing.. its not been started in 2 years.
By EGCiviCKid
#314035 got a new pump fitted it and nothing..
wired it up direct to the battery and it primped
run the car for a couple of seconds just to see if it would :thumb:
i rekon its the auto interior loom i have .. looks pritty messy around the main relay
can i just run the fuel pump direct to the battery? or will i have Problems?
anyone..? :?
By teal_dx
EGCiviCKid wrote:got a new pump fitted it and nothing..
wired it up direct to the battery and it primped
run the car for a couple of seconds just to see if it would :thumb:
i rekon its the auto interior loom i have .. looks pritty messy around the main relay
can i just run the fuel pump direct to the battery? or will i have Problems?
anyone..? :?

It would run all the time and kill the battery. Is the wiring all original, any thing look modified or cut?

Are sure the main relay is good?
By EGCiviCKid
#314045 Im gunna get the main relay soldered tomorrow and yes it does look like its been messed with only buy the main relay plug tho.. Rely dont wanna have to buy anuva harness :cry: