ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By rak511
#313000 The other day i took my sub out of my car cuz it wuldnt stay on... and i disconnected all the wires for it... everything worked fine after i did that but as i was driving down the road and hit a small bump it suddenly just turned off and hasnt turned on since... also the dash clock is real dim now unless you press on the front cover thing... it also reset the clock... is this just a fuse somewhere? I checked the 1 in the back of the radio and thats fine
By TrailerTrash
#313030 its not a fuse. its probably wiring in the dash behind the head unit. maybe you bumped it when u removed the head unit to take the sub wiring out of the back of the head unit.
By rak511
#313061 I checked most of the wiring that goes into the radio... i didnt see anything... the only thing i can think of is the remote wire isnt hooked up now but that shuldnt affect anything shuld it?
By rak511
#313073 That harness is pretty hacked up from a previous owner i guess... ill tape up all the bare wire i see and make sure all of them are secured... gotta get this done by honda day saturday... dont wanna have a 5 hour drive and no music :p
By rak511
#313089 Taped all bare wire... got nothing...
By suspendedHatch
#313130 Why not a fuse? It most certainly is the 7.5a backup fuse under the hood. Also check the radio fuse under the dash, but that one doesn't affect the clock.

What did you do with the wires after you removed the sub? Are they bouncing around in your trunk, touching the bare chassis? Take the big fuse off the power wire near your battery. Trace the remote wire up to the stereo and clip it, then cap it.
By rak511
#313135 All my wires from my sub i disconnected and took out of the car... power cable, ground wire, ground wire, and rca's... i took em all out and like the sub was never in there... replaced the fuse on back or radio just to double check... back up battery fuse was blown under hood and i replaced that... got nothing