ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By jdmdx93
#311953 Ive had a 93 civic sedan sittin that i bought a few years ago. I bought it with a d15b7 /y8 head mini-me swap. Im curious as to what ecu it should be running on. Also I wanted to know (since its a dx) if I can put cruise control in the car. My friend said that had to do with the computer. Any information would be greatly appreciated
By jdmeg8
#311954 you would want a p28 you can find it in a 92-95 ex i dnt believe the cruise control has anything to do with the ecu but i could be wrong :?
By jdmdx93
#311955 okay, and in all honesty is a mini me swap worth keeping? And are they durable? I drive out of state alot and dont wanna break down.Been looking for a B Series but am waiting for the right deal and need to use this for a while.
By jdmdx93
#311956 okay, and do you know if a mini me swap worth keeping? And are they durable? I drive out of state alot and dont wanna break down.Been looking for a B Series but am waiting for the right deal and need to use this for a while.
By TrailerTrash
#311957 if its been put together correctly, a minime can be a heck of a reliable/fun engine setup. a p28 will run it just fine but you wont have VTEC without running the wiring for it(unless your car came with it from the factory)

where about in pa are you?
By jdmeg8
#311958 if done right they would be just as reliable as the stock b7 imo. as long as evrything was torqed to spec and timing is on key you should be golden. I have a mini me in my lx and it runs like a champ. my most reliable car :thumb:
By jdmdx93
#311960 awesome. I didnt put the engine together so I dont know if its done well or not but the only way to know is to drive it. do I need an s20 tranny to have vtec kick in? and im in harrisburg area actually
By jdmeg8
#311961 the tranny has nothing to do with vtec so no worries. u have to run the wires from the vtec solenoid and the oil pressure switch to the pins on the ecu you have three plugs on the p28 a b d. you will need to wire the vtec sylinoid in run a wire from it down to the ecu. Take the wire connect it to A4 on the plug. You also have to wire your vtec pressure switch using two wires one for ground somwhere of your choosing. and run the othe to the ecu plug d at d6 the should be good to hit some vtak yo 8)