ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Buddhabusmc
#310863 Sorry for the noob question. Right now in my 92 vx I have no dash lights or tail lights. I have break light but no tail lights. The PO "Hotwired" the tail lights to turn on with a toggle switch. Im thinking its a relay. Theres one that clicks very loudly behind my dash when I start my car. I took out the guage cluster to get a better look and the relay is underneith my left vent. Any advice on an easy way to get to this relay? Sorry for the noob questions but I know you guys can help.
By Buddhabusmc
#310891 Im gonna feel real dumb if thats all it is. The PO said he checked them all but maybe I better check too. Thanks.
By Buddhabusmc
#310974 I checked all the fuzes and they are all good.
By teal_dx
The PO "Hotwired" the tail lights to turn on with a toggle switch.

I would find out why this was done. Sounds like they tried to bypass a wiring problem instead of solving it. :? Now it is your problem to figure out. It could have been a short in the wiring that was bypassed instead of locating & fixing. I would convert everything back to the way it was OEM from the factory. :thumb:
By Buddhabusmc
teal_dx wrote:
The PO "Hotwired" the tail lights to turn on with a toggle switch.

I would find out why this was done. Sounds like they tried to bypass a wiring problem instead of solving it. :? Now it is your problem to figure out. It could have been a short in the wiring that was bypassed instead of locating & fixing. I would convert everything back to the way it was OEM from the factory. :thumb:

You guessed right. The PO just wired it so it would work instead of fixing it.
By 92civic_vx
#311143 have you checked the "back up" fuse under the hood? when i got my hatch it had most of the lights out in it, also the radio and clock did not work. replaced the 7.5 amp back up fuse and everything started working.