ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By teal_dx
#309698 I wouldn't bother. The OEM dizzy is going to handle anything you can throw at it up to around 400 WHP and then some.

I had a dizzy that was modified to work with MSD Blaster2 external coil which ended up being the cause of weak spark after going turbo. I finally ripped everything MSD out of my car and replaced it with OEM and the problem was fixed. Of course, there's the good possibility that the previous owner hacked the install job since there were some shoddy connections and exposed wires.
:eh:
By endlessEG
#309704 teal_dx is correct, my friend with a hi comp z6 was running msd and had all kinds of problems, switched to oem and it was fixed
By Summitradio
#309756 OK Then I guess ill stick with what I have. I would like to do external coil...
By TrailerTrash
#309757 why?
By suspendedHatch
TrailerTrash wrote:why?

Because the small stock coil inside the hot distributor is prone to failure and cracking, along with the ignitor.

Unfortunately, most of the aftermarket brands are poorly made. I suspect they've cheapened production since the time that they earned their reputation.

Converting to coil-on-plug would be ideal, but it wont net you any power, and it requires aftermarket engine management. Pretty much the only way you can justify the expense is if you have a high RPM, high compression build or some serious forced induction (or you're a nut like me).