ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By pcbabb
#307923 First off, I didn't take many pics while doing this so I borrowed some from the internet and edited them in paint.

What you will need:
1 Your EG fuel sending unit.
1 EK sending unit.
1 pin from cluster connector
1 male/1 female pin from standard Honda connector
1 large female pin
1 2inch sheet metal screw
Wiring of your choice.
JDM/EDM cluster with low fuel light or modify your USDM cluster (I have a GSR cluster in mine)

I'm not going to go into detail for removing cluster or back seat, but they need to be removed.

To remove the factory EG sending unit, you will need a hammer and a flat screw driver.

Once you get that out it should look like this.

Next take the EK sending unit and remove the float by removing the philips head screw and remove all wiring by desoldering connections.

After you have the float and wiring off, cut the low fuel sending unit off. This can be done with large cutting pliers or a cut off tool of your choice.

Once you have the low fuel sending unit removed, attach it to the EG sending unit with a large sheet metal screw. The screw needs to be mounted in the upper corner to avoid obstructing the float arm.

Once you have the low fuel sending unit attached you may have to bend it just slightly to avoid contact with float arm. Be careful as not to bend the fuel level unit itself or your gauge will not work. After you have it attached run the wire up and solder it to the existing post on the EG unit. I had to clean the post on mine with some sand paper first in order for the solder to adhere.

After you are done attaching the low fuel sending unit to the Fuel level unit, go ahead and get it wired in to your gauge prior to installing it back into the tank.

You are basically running one wire from Pin A7 at the cluster back to Pin 3 in the fuel sender connector. I like to try and keep everything nice and clean, so I ran the wire through the blue connector at the top left of the fuse box for a cleaner install.

Your low fuel light should work, if not check all your connections.

Now that you have it all wired in, check your fuel level gauge by turning on the key and manually operating the float arm. If the gauge works, go ahead and install the sending unit into the tank. This may be slightly more difficult with the low fuel sensor now attached but it can be done.

After you get the sending unit into the tank, go ahead and re-install the seats, cluster, and anything else you removed to complete the install.

Let me know if there are any questions! :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#309855 Finally someone did this.. Ive always wanted to do this when i had my civic!
By giubau_v8
#310895 I will try to do this on my civic lsi. wish me luck :D
By kt95CiviCDX
#311068 so what would be the best way to modify the eg cluster to work with this ?