ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Chanshu
#306656 Hey there,
I've got a 94 honda civic that was originally an Automatic and someone before me did a poor job converting it to a manual. I have spent a lot of time making to conversion complete but there is all ways something new popping up.
When I purchased the car, the spring in the ignition assembly(technical name?) was missing. I've had to manually turn the key back after the car has started. not a big issue unless you friend takes your car for a spin around the block and dose not know this. then your's starter is burnt up.

on to my issue,
I just put a spring back in but the car dose not stay on when the key goes back to the number 2(II) position.
If I hold the key between 2(II) and 3(III) the car stays on.

I removed the spring and the same issue occurs, but I can leave the key between 2(II) and 3(III) with out a spring.

any ideas?

I am going to try and clean the leads up in the AM, I hope that is all it needs.
but if someone has any idea, I would love to have the input.

Thanks.
By teal_dx
#306699 It sounds like maybe the previous owner removed the spring to be able to drive the car as a cheaper alternative to replacing the bad ignition with a new one.
By Chanshu
teal_dx wrote:It sounds like maybe the previous owner removed the spring to be able to drive the car as a cheaper alternative to replacing the bad ignition with a new one.

Alrighty, I can believe that.
from what I've seen at the junk yard though, replacing the ignition assembly is difficult as it is riveted on. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
would wiring up S2000 push button start solve this problem more easily?