ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By sKizO
#305992 So iv gotten my hands on a brand new Apexi Vtec controller, was given to me by one of my mates, there are mixed reviews all over the net about them but I know this is the only place I can get a straight answer!
What the hell do they do? And is it any use to me on my d16?? :eh:
By teal_dx
#306011 Wow they still make those? I wouldn't bother... they're 10+ year old hack technology from the days before people chipped their ecus and used engine management software. There's all kinds of wire splicing to install one and if you don't know what you're doing, you can do some serious damage. I'd leave tuning up to a pro using modern software. :thumb:
By sKizO
teal_dx wrote:Wow they still make those? I wouldn't bother... they're 10+ year old hack technology from the days before people chipped their ecus and used engine management software. There's all kinds of wire splicing to install one and if you don't know what you're doing, you can do some serious damage. I'd leave tuning up to a pro using modern software. :thumb:

haha yer sweet as mate no drama at all, just was semi confused when it didnt have instructions and google was the main mediator, every body was ranting n raving on about it as if it were state of the art.
all good i knew it could be "filtered" into the correct info.

cheers boys :cheers:
By Ecc0
#306046 You can always get a straight answer from the guys and girls on here.

Civic-eg.com I come for the Honda's I stay for the no BS straight talking mofos
By d-mon
#306093 Apexi Vtec controller is for putting a vtec head on a non-vtec engine and using the original non-vtec ecu. mostly useful for obd2 vehicles.
'chipping' an obd0/1 ecu is a much better way to do it.