ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By EGCiviCKid
#303837 hi guys my swap has come to a stop :eh:

im at the stage were i need to adapt my obd1 engine loom to fit my b16a2

i have already cut the alternator plug from the obd2 and wired it to obd1 loom

i know i need to do the same with the dizzy plug

however its the injectors i am stuck with? do i just cut them from the obd2 loom and wire them directly to the chipped p28?

By teal_dx
#303840 The only reason to cut the obd1 injector plug/clips off is so that you can solder obd2 injector plug/clips in their place so that your obd1 harnes will plug into your OBD2 injectors.

You know, I've never messed with OBD2 injectors, you should try plugging your OBD1 injector clip onto your b16a2 injector before cutting & soldering just to see if it is compatible. :thumb:

But if you, you are simply cutting the OBD1 clip out along with a few inches of wire and replacing what you cut with the same section from your OBD2 harness. No need to wire anything directly to the P28 and no resistor box needed - keep it simple :thumb:

Remember when soldering to keep the wires clean and use heat shrink tubing to protect your solder from the elements. These are very important connections controlling the fuel of your engine.

The other option is to just put a set of OBD1 injectors (of the same cc) onto your B16a2 fuel rail.
By EGCiviCKid
#303842 were are the injector clips located on the obd1 loom? thanks
By teal_dx
#303857 On the part of the harness that runs by the fuel rail, same place as they are on the OBD2 harness (you circles in your first pic). There's usually a hard plastic cover over the wiring and there's 4 wires with grey clips on the end hanging out.
In your other thread you said your OBD1 harness was D15b2, is that a carburated motor? If so, your harness wouldn't have injectors.
By d-mon
#303860 obd2 injectors use different shaped connectors, and will not plug into obd1 clips.
you are better off using obd1 injectors, they have more universal connectors.
that way, down the road when you go to bigger injectors, your harness will be ready.

i don't see any injector connectors on you obd1 harness.
By EGCiviCKid
#303861 yer gunna get a z6 harness, the loom is from a carbed motor