ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By EGCiviCKid
#303843 ok sweet! will i still have to swap plugs for alternator and distributor and wire v tec??
By teal_dx
EGCiviCKid wrote:ok sweet! will i still have to swap plugs for alternator and distributor and wire v tec??

Yes Yes and Yes... although if you get a D16z6 harness, it will already have the 2 plugs wired up for vtec :thumb:
By EGCiviCKid
#303859 time to hunt down a z6 harness 8)
thanks teal! :thumb:
By EGCiviCKid
#303895 i have found a d16z6 Engine Loom, Under Dash Interior Loom, Interior Fuse Box, Engine Fuse Box & Main Relay for sale

do i need all of it in my case or just the engine loom? :thumb:
By EGCiviCKid
#303922 if my civic is obd0 im guessing i need the obd1 loom as well as obd1 engine harness?

but do i also need fuse boxs etc ??
By EGCiviCKid
#304009 ok ive been told lsi is obd0 dpfi in the uk so:

if i get a d16z6 engine harness
this ecu with a b16a2 basemap http://h-tune.co.uk/index.php?route=pro ... uct_id=717
this conversion harness http://h-tune.co.uk/index.php?route=pro ... uct_id=721

every thing will be plug and play except the little bit of wiring for the alt and dizzy and vtec to the engine.

am i going along the right lines here lol ???

By Gunni
#306503 what make and model is the motor from ??
the problem is not the engine harness, its the firewall harness (incar harness or what u call it) any two peace harnesses have 99% same pinout as far u have same amount of plugs for example if u swap a b16 for a d16 in a eg u just plug the harness and off u go. u can also use obd2a-b harness in an eg with a "small" :eh: rewiring work . and also check the ecu plugs , u will have to use a p30 or chipped p28 for this and if u cant plug it in this harness u have now in youre car now u have to swap the harness anyway.

note .im in europe and this may be differant here.
be free to correct me if im wrong ... :roll:
By Gunni
EGCiviCKid wrote:i have found a d16z6 Engine Loom, Under Dash Interior Loom, Interior Fuse Box, Engine Fuse Box & Main Relay for sale

do i need all of it in my case or just the engine loom? :thumb:

after reading i found out so are u 8)

this would solve all youre problems.
By EGCiviCKid
#306512 hi buddy thanks for the help :thumb:
i got an sir harness instead of the z6 do you know if it will do the same job and will i need to wire any additional sensors etc ?
By Gunni
#306520 interior (firewall ) harness ?? or complete harness ??

if so it should fix your problem