ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By EGCiviCKid
#303124 hi guys,
im trying to hook up my b16a2 drivers side shock towers to 93 lsi loom.

1 fits perfect

3 spare

Do i need to cut the original engines loom and use them for the b16 plugs?

There is also a 4th spare plug however this is on passenger side intake.... where does this go??

By EGCiviCKid
#303278 thanks, do i just leave it hanging if i have and aftermarket intake then??
By EGCiviCKid
#303280 anyone any ideas on what i gotta do with the plugs?? :?
By teal_dx
EGCiviCKid wrote:thanks, do i just leave it hanging if i have and aftermarket intake then??

No, you gotta use the sensor. If you don't have one, you can drill a hole in your intake tube before the throttle body and install it there.
That's where it originally was on OBD2 motors.

Also just noticed that you're using an OBD2 engine harness in an OBD1 car... What about using the OBD1 engine harness? That would eliminate the problem you're having. You'll need to change the injector plugs to OBD2 if you're going to use the B16a2 injectors. :thumb:
By EGCiviCKid
teal_dx wrote:
EGCiviCKid wrote:thanks, do i just leave it hanging if i have and aftermarket intake then??

No, you gotta use the sensor. If you don't have one, you can drill a hole in your intake tube before the throttle body and install it there.

Also just noticed that you're using an OBD2 engine harness in an OBD1 car... What about using the OBD1 engine harness? That would eliminate the problem you're having. You'll need to change the injector plugs to OBD2 if you're going to use the B16a2 injectors. :thumb:

Ah thank you very much teal!

so i need to use the engine harness from the original engine d15b2?

do you have any good links to changing the injector plugs?

or is it easier to keep the d15 injectors?

:thumb:
By EGCiviCKid
#303378 ive been doing some research and i believe i have also got to modify the distributor and alternator is this true for this swap?
By teal_dx
EGCiviCKid wrote:
teal_dx wrote:

Ah thank you very much teal!

so i need to use the engine harness from the original engine d15b2?

do you have any good links to changing the injector plugs?

or is it easier to keep the d15 injectors?

:thumb:

I doubt the D15 injectors are rated high enough for a B16a2 (you may want to google to confirm this)

Changing the plugs is simple. You just need to cut the clips with some wire off of the OBD2 harness and then do the same to the clips on your OBD1 harness. Then solder the OBD2 clips/wires onto the OBD1 harness and put it onto your OBD1 motor.

There are conversion harnesses you can buy to make the distributor and alternator plug & play if you don't want to go through the trouble of matching up every wire and re-pining / soldering everything together.
http://compare.ebay.com/like/2510279757 ... si=y&cbt=y

http://www.velocityshop.com/product/pas ... 1_733.html
By EGCiviCKid
#303402 right thanks teal,

ill rewire the obd2 injectors onto the obd1 harness then plug it into the b16

I cant seem the find many harness like that in the uk :cry:

can you point me in the direction of wiring the alternator and distributor myself please buddy?

By teal_dx
#303481 Have you searched on google yet? If you're comfortable with re-pinning, I'm sure there's someone out there who as done it before. Unfortunately, nobody on this site has made a DIY yet.
By EGCiviCKid
#303490 yer spent many hours on google lol ... the trouble is its trying to find the people who have the correct information because there is alot of guessing goin on lol and also trying to find the info for my specific swap as you probably know it varys alot with different engines/swaps.
think im nearly there:
1. use obd1 engine harness
2. no need to rewire injectors as the originals will work
3. replace my alternator with original obd1
By teal_dx
#303530 The alternator is the easy one to re-wire, only 4 wires.

It's the Dizzy that will take some time. Your best bet might be to get a manual for each motor/var that has the wiring diagrams. I have found Chiltons or Haynes manuals to be pretty accurate although once in a while a color will be different on a wire than the book says.