ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Hatch-O-Doom
#301311 Alright I had this in my build thread but I feel like it will just get lost in there and no one will see it...

So My car has a little problem and I belive it is the Headlight wiring harness... Just being shitty, and old.

As I drive with my lights on my Driver side light will flicker and turn off, Ill have to quickly turn my lights on and off and it will come back on for a little bit....
I had this problem on my passenger side with my shitty Ebay HID's got rid of them and kinda solved the problem, but them on a friends car and they worked awesome :?

Well I got a better kit. and my HID are awesome. but now my driver side just sucks! it will flicker with every bump, it is a PITA! :x
I am 99.9% positive that its the harness just being bad, as its old, its fragile and I cant find a replacement on on line anywhere... its pissing me off!!!

I have looked everywhere and just cant find one.
Id love if you guys could help me out.
By asianrob
#301313 have you tried clean the connections off?
By teal_dx
#301327 I would check the headlight grounds. Then follow the wires in general and make sure the insulation is not work or cracking anywhere. As mentioned above, pull apart the plugs and check the connections. Something may just be dirty and making poor contact. These harnesses are almost 20 years old :thumb:
By Hatch-O-Doom
#301336 I have tried cleaning it... made sure the contacts are good...

I move the connecor plug and it will flicker the light. :x

I watched the Video and it didnt help really, cuz my lights come on... and stay on, if the poliraty was backwards, then the light wouldnt be on at all.. and thats not a issue I am having.

Also I noticed, that when they are fully on... warmed up. The passenger side is super bright!
but driver side is really dim, then after driving it will shut off.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#301340 Yes, Thats what I was thinking, buut if you thouch the wires anywhere. on the stock wireing harness it will flicker it.

And like it was said its a 20 year old harness :(
By suspendedHatch
#302572 Disconnect the plug connectors, wipe them off, spray them out with dielectric spray. Grease them up with dielectric grease. Snap them back together and verify that the pins are connecting inside the connector. Make sure the grounds at the little white box on the inside of the fender are good.

"Spray with spray, grease with grease, connecting in the connector"... I'm more smarter!