ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By jeron_imo31
#300114 Totally stumped here, i have a 94 civic dx i been working on for a bit. Problem im having is turn the key to II fuel pump comes on, dash lights work, but wouldnt start. Jump the starter with a screw driver and presto starts and runs perfect. upon closer examination there was no starter cut relay under the dash so i replaced it, turned the key to II again and fuel pump, dash lights etc. worked, tried starting the car and nothing, now fuel pump doesnt work and no dash lights. I replaced the main relay twice and still no power anywhere. But I do have power at the under hood fuse box at every fuse when i test with my multi meter and brand new battery and cables. When i turn the key on and test for voltage at ignition switch or any/all fuses under the dash it shows 0.00 volts at every fuse. Everything worked fine before i replaced the starter cut relay... Totally stumped here...any ideas?
Quick update, i have no power at any under dash fuses, or any ignition wires. I unplugged and removed the entire under dash fuse panel and checked the ignition harness for power and there is 12 volts. I was wondering what circuits run through the brown box that is attached to the back of the fuse panel? and what is it called?
By Classiccarsrule85
#300131 so your battery fuse is ok? and id check all your engine grounds as well
By jeron_imo31
#300162 yep battery fuse is fine as well as all the others, grounds are good also i checked ALL of them... Its odd that i get voltage to the ignition harness only AFTER i remove the under dash fuse panel
By DontHateonEG8
#300273 loose wires? also check the connections for continuity (beep setting on most DVMs)
i had similar issue and my dash fuse was fucked (can't remember which one)