ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By ForneyHatch
#300048 I bought my EG hatch with a B16A with an OBDII distributor. Whoever had it before me has done some Frankenstein stuff to the engine wire harness. Things are spliced and wires are everywhere. I purchased a 92-95 civic ex/si wire harness and OBD1 distributor to organize everything and make everything compatible. I installed everything and the car will not start, but the engine does turn. The firing order of the spark plug wires is correct. All grounds were checked. I noticed that my fuel pump does not turn on after I turn the ignition key one click. What am I missing? Do I have a fuel pump relay issue or something else? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
By SkunkDcivic
#300054 Check the relay and see if thats it did you rewire the whole care did you see if he had anything else frankenstiend ?
By ForneyHatch
#300096 I'll check that fuel pump relay. Hopefully, thats the only thing wrong. I dont think anything else is hacked up. The ex/si harness solved allot of those problems. Thanks
By DontHateonEG8
SkunkDcivic wrote:Check the relay and see if thats it did you rewire the whole care did you see if he had anything else frankenstiend ?
]

x2 and make sure all of the fuses are good.
btw there are videos on youtube and plenty of write up on how to check the main relay, just can't find them atm (too tired)
By ForneyHatch
#300302 Its weird, I got the fuel pump to work now, yet the car still wont start. It cranks and fuel is flowing. I guess I need to check if its getting spark. I hope my new distributor is not malfunctioning. Any other tips? Thanks everyone
By DontHateonEG8
ForneyHatch wrote:Its weird, I got the fuel pump to work now, yet the car still wont start. It cranks and fuel is flowing. I guess I need to check if its getting spark. I hope my new distributor is not malfunctioning. Any other tips? Thanks everyone

checking for spark is a good idea. there is a device inside the distributor ( think its called a PMU - can't remember of the top of my head) but those go bad sometimes. if you get spark, then you are good to go and ignition should be fine.

like teal said - check for grounds. if you have DVM just check for continuity between the ground bolt and the chassis (bare metal)