ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Luckistrykes
#297453 First off new to the forum returning to the hondas, had a crx 91 and a hatchback awhile back 86 miles put on it before some girl ran a red and totalled it. Just bought a 92 hatch and I'm having a weird issue. When I hit the right flashers they are bright but flash really fast, the left signal however flashes very dim and causes all dash and interior lights to flash as well? I'm very confused I imagine I have a short but electrical is a weak point for me so I'm not really even sure where to start any advice or ideas would be awesome. Thanks in advance for any responces
By bks84
#297489 check all the grounds pertaining to the signals/flashers.
By teal_dx
bks84 wrote:check all the grounds pertaining to the signals/flashers.

This and on a related note if you are missing a bulb or if it is burned out, it will cause that side to flash faster. But with the problem you described, I'd check your grounds. There's a little white box:
except yours will be in the engine bay here:
on the right side of the pic. This is where the lights ground :thumb:
By dbrooks
#297492 Welcome to the site!
By Luckistrykes
#297536 Sweet Im gonna check the grounds and keep my fingers crossed Im thinking that there may be some more going on, i dont think much of anything on this car was done right for awhile for example i found wires for the HIDS spliced together with duct tape... so i suspect there is more very poorly done wiring throughout. oh another fun one was the VTEC solonoid was leaking, so they just put some rtv around the outside of it, i guess thinking it would work.
By Luckistrykes
#297785 Found my short or most of it anyhow front turn harness was shorting to the frame fixed lights still flashing fast so gonna replace all bulbs and see what happens I think I got something else going on cause lights flash normal with hazards